The Poppy Walk and 5k Run is only a few days away! We’re getting excited…
Are you all registered for Saturday? Great! The next step is picking up your packet.
The packet contains your t-shirt (guaranteed if you registered on or before 3/14), your runner’s bib (if you signed up for the timed run), some info about the Peg Taylor Center, and some coupons and other goodies!
Packet Pick-Up is on Friday, at Fleet Feet (241 Main Street in Chico), from 10-6. You can also stop by Fleet Feet to register for the race, since online registration will have closed by then.
If you can’t make it to Fleet Feet, no worries — just come by the Packet Pick-Up table at the One-Mile picnic area before the Poppy Walk! Packet Pick-up will be open from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. on Saturday.
If you do pick up your packet at Fleet Feet on Friday, when you get to the park on Saturday, there’s no need to check in with us. Just get stretched, enjoy yourself, and find the starting line! Runners and walkers will both take off at 8:30.
A few notes and reminders:
Race Day Registration
- Race day registration will go from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. (Registration is available up until Friday afternoon at Fleet Feet or the Peg Taylor Center.)
- The Run and Walk both start at 8:30 a.m. and Runners and Walkers should be in line by 8:15, with timed runners (those with bibs) in front.
- Timed Runners should wear their numbered bibs over their midsection (for best timing results, be sure not to cover up the bib). Water will be available after the Run, but not along the route except at park drinking fountain. Results from the timed 5K will be available after the event at www.underthesunevents.org.
- Please park outside the park and then come to the 1 Mile Picnic Area (near the ball field by Caper Acres). Normal parking within the park will be available after 9:00 a.m.
- People with a Disabled Person Parking Placard may park within Bidwell Park, if you arrive between 7:00 and 7:45. Please show your placard to the gate monitor. You can call us at (530) 342-2345 for more information.